Saturday, November 18, 2006

I cleaned out my wardrobe drawers yesterday. I took all the time I could- it was like re-living the past couple of years...i found plenty of stuff, ranging from stamp papers to chits written in class, from marbles to mosquito mats, from a pair of brand new chappals to circle templates, from old phone lists to greeting cards. I love exercises of this kind; I don’t know exactly why. They give me a sense of peace. Like I kno times wont come again, but im satisfied the way I lived it. I don’t know why im such a memory freak. I found my high school house badge. I can never, never get myself to throw it. Or even give it away. Just like my school uniform.


I read anoop’s blog today. Felt really, really, warm. I don’t know wht it is abt his writing, but it seemed so innocent. So truthful. Nice guy, anoop. He has written a bit about patriotism. He’s the typical gen-x Indian. So am i. There seem to be plenty of others. But it does not seem to be making any difference at all. Not to the world of corruption, not to the humanity. Maybe we’re too few. Yet for the past few months I have come across lots of people who know wht indianism means to them, wht India means to them. Wht it actually means is different; the very fact that they know and recognize it is good enough for me. Maybe we need to get further.


Avoiding work. It’s a universally occurring phenomenon. Every normal human being practices it. I think I have a masters in it. I don’t want to. Books inspire, people advice, we experience. Yet, somehow, the big boulder of laziness comes and flattens out all the courage. Its easy to say, “shake it off, just do it”...maybe its easy to do. I don’t seem to be able to think so, though. The aim is there, but the drive isn’t. Maybe wrong interpretation. Who cares? Work must get done, though.


I was going through orkut profiles at random. It’s very, very rare to find something interesting. I don’t get it. Some people I know ARE actually interesting, but their profiles make sure that noone else gets the idea. Its weird- being smart and not coming across as smart. Like for example, I know that most of the sensible cream of the youth today likes only select movies, movies with sensibility, a storyline. But noone seems to write it. Is it tht they don’t like to disclose it? Is it tht they don’t want to show it? Wht are they afraid of? U should be proud of being sensible! I don’t get it- maybe they want to, but cant. Hmmmphhhahaha...sounds rather funny.

No comments: