Monday, November 17, 2008

Shadows can lie; they can modify reality- they can make you look thinner, taller.. They don’t necessarily let you see what you want to see- almost as though they have a mind of their own...The purity of the shadow with its loyal quality has been corrupted in my mind; it will be long before I trust a shadow again.



A yoga teacher joins the dorm- just when I was thinking it could not get more diverse.



Naveen looks like a “dude” these days- all macho- his visits to the gym cannot be hidden anymore- the mass is bursting out from underneath his shirt. He needs new clothes! Hehe...



I am beginning to notice block colours these days- bursts of a bold colour stripped of all ornamentation- the midnight blue sky, the colour of the red ink on my fingertips, that of the endless brown sand and the heavenly blue of the sea- they are hitting my eyes distinctly. I like the edges- those between block colours- their near-invisible quality leaves me wanting to explore them- the thinness brings to my mind the voice of Shreya Ghoshal- a clear, crisp and continuous thin line. Sheesh- I must, MUST improve with the analogies!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep walking towards the light of the arc,
Leave the shadow behind struggling for dark.

Take some moments off to once look back,
Await the shadow the catch up as you again pack.

Take a hard look, it is yours, do not sack,
Let it have some fun and also make a mark.

My Shadow,
Vishram

Unknown said...

super poem! You two are too much.

Anonymous said...

"Naveen looks like a “dude” these days- all macho- his visits to the gym cannot be hidden anymore- the mass is bursting out from underneath his shirt. He needs new clothes! Hehe..."

ouch....

Anonymous said...

i gonna stop commenting...or you'll call me a stalker...

gudday