Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Gujrati is the next language I want to learn. Yeah. Although my tamil is not yet as good as I want it to be, I think a little deviation will help. Mango will help me with it anyway. Navigating through remote villages of Gujrat not only gives one a crisp chocolate brown tan, but also the urge to want to be able to communicate with the locals better. Really, I felt so helpless when I was trying to ask a rather shy lady the directions to Modhera, and she was simply staring blankly at my face! Throughout the crowded bus journeys from one destination to another, I was (-apart from dozing off-) trying to read gujrati; the script is cunningly similar to hindi/marathi, only with a few letters replaced by distinct types of jalebies. Hehehe...



Arjav is overwhelmingly warm; I cannot believe the amount of goodness that bounces off him. There is a concern - a seemingly endless one- for all. It is very, very difficult to meet people like him, and this week has been a jumbo pack! I mean, where are they raining from? I am glad they are- it is giving me a fresh belief in friendship. Beautiful timing, too.




I have been paying a lot of attention to the clothes I wear these days. It matters to me- what I am wearing- and I have come to realize that it reflects a lot of personality. I am more involved in the design and detailing of clothes than ever before; am also more aware of what is happening in the fashion world. If I were a fashion designer, I would be obsessed with architecture. :)




I don’t know how people survive in India without being able to communicate in hindi. Either they don’t travel, or their body language rocks!

1 comment:

Poorna said...

Gujarati.. Well.. I bet you know people who speak the language:)
Anyways.. very good point made about Hindi language.I think there are a lot of people down south, especially in many parts of Tamil Nadu and remote parts of Kerala and Andhra who survive without speaking the language.Karnataka is most probably the only state where a north indian can feel at home.Its strange how we are still stuck with the north-south,hindi-non hindi syndrome.The moment people try and communicate in a language other than English, there is a hindrance of a communication gap that creeps in.
Still we Indians manage to communicate adequately, say whatever we want to say, in different ways.. People call it "Unity in Diversity"