Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I am beginning to realize that I have always liked the alternative, the “other”- I do not like “the best”, but the one close to it; one that goes almost unrecognized, ignored- but the one that is so perilously close to the peak that it reminds me of me...”Little black dress”, they call it- I will always buy brown. I have wanted Nadal to beat Federer for years; and now that he has won, I want Djokovik to beat them both! I have always supported the “underdog”; have always been and hated having been “second best”- it is a very difficult place to be- almost consumes you from within. Reminds me of Gollum. Oh, NO! :)



Why are the only the beginnings good? Why is the only constant, change? Why are there so many questions and no answers to them? Why does no Indian answer a question directly? Why do we ask questions? Why, Why, WHY? The answer is to USE YOUR HEAD; first look within, scratch- think!



Some people should be banned from using certain words- Naveen shouldn’t be allowed to say ‘misunderstood’ in his entire life, or for that matter, even utter a single word in hindi. Varun shouldn’t be allowed to grin- it’s unfair to that part of the world that is sane- and I’m sure he agrees. Namrata shouldn’t be allowed to talk, even- she gives you the illusion of being in a fish-market- you desperately look around for the source of the noise- and then start believing in God- noone else can fit so much into one woman! I, for one, should stop using and thinking the word “amused”; it has come to be my favourite word- I am always in a constant state of amusement; what I can see, hear or smell is a continuous source of entertainment. Mama calls it “being high on life”- and carefully puts it to make the point- these states come with an expiry date.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you think you are just too confused in life sweetheart ?

Anonymous said...

Believing more in underdogs is not about being jealous of the topper but about getting hooked to the feeling of continuous striving for improvement and about the fear of losing such striving state of mind once on top.

The feeling of amusement is also not about just passing time pleasantly, as defined in the dictionary, but being sensitively and positively engaged with the surroundings all the time understanding situations, relationships, responses, emotions and feelings. Sure, there is always something `amusing' around for an open and sensitive mind but can one have a framework and focus and can one strive for `higher order' amusements ? Which is this another plane ?